Before I had kids, I loved to read. I would spend many summer days laying in my back yard reading. I could read an entire book in a day. That was before I had kids. I still read once in a while but responsibility seems to creep its way into my reality and I put the book down. Let’s just say when I pick up a book, nothing else gets done around the house (sorry honey!). Then there was my CIP designation I was working on. There’s a great temptation to escape into a world of non-fiction verses the reality of insurance.
My challenge will be finding a happy medium. Instead of watching TV before going to bed, I’ll try read for an hour before falling asleep (and hopefully I don’t stay up all night because I can’t put the book down). Is anyone else like this? Or just me?
So my bucket list item for 2015 is to read 50 new books – books I’ve never read before. I tend to have my favourite books I’ve read in the past I will go back to and re-read. I absolutely love David Edding’s series The Belgariad and The Malloreon. Each series is 5 books and after putting the 10th book down (because you can’t just read the first series), you feel lost and lonely. I long to feel that involvement in a book again.
I may swing this a bit but I do have a few books in mind for my list but if you have any suggestions, please share below!!
Here’s my list so far:
- The Fellowship Of The Ring– J.R.R. Tolkien
- Lord Of Ring #2 Two Towers– J.R.R. Tolkien
- Lord Of The Rings 3 Return Of The King– J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, Book 1)– Dashner
- The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book Two)– Dashner
- The Death Cure (Maze Runner, Book Three)– Dashner
- The Kill Order (Maze Runner, Prequel)– Dashner
- Kathy Reichs
- The Dream Manager– Matthew Kelly – DONE
- Frankenstein– Mary Shelley
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland– Lewis Carroll
- Where the Stream and Creek Collide – Sarah Lashbrook
- Unlucky 13 – James Patterson – DONE
What are you favourite genre of books? Any particular classics you highly recommend?